Wednesday 29 May 2013

Get to know top 10 interview questions and be prepared ourselves to answer them ---By: Vinod Kumar Dhundhara


Question: Why have you been out of work so long, and how many others were laid off?
Subtext: What's wrong with you?
Best Answer: "I was an excellent employee who gave more than a day's work for a day's pay."

Question: If employed, how do you manage time for interviews?

Subtext: Are you short-changing your current employer?
Best Answer: "I'm taking personal time and only interview for positions that are a terrific match."

Question: How did you prepare for this interview?

Subtext: How much do you really care about this job?
Best Answer: "I very much want this job, and of course researched it starting with the company website."

Question: Do you know anyone who works for us?

Subtext: Who might be a good judge of your true character?
Best Answer: If you do know someone, only mention them by name if you're certain of their positive standing within the organization.

Question: Where would you really like to work?

Subtext: Are you applying for every job in sight?
Best Answer: "This is where I want to work, and this job is what I want to do."

Question: What bugs you about coworkers or bosses?

Subtext: Are you impossible to work with?
Best Answer: "I can't recall anything in particular. I've been lucky to have good bosses who were knowledgeable and fair and past coworkers who were able, supportive and friendly."

Question: Can you describe how you solved a work or school problem?

Subtext: Can you think critically?
Best Answer: Highlight an instance that favorably reflects how your mind works and spotlights your skills and achievements. Example: How you solved time management issues in order to take on a special assignment or complicated project.

Question: Can you describe a work or school instance in which you messed up?

Subtext: Do you repeat the same mistakes over and over? Are you too self-important or unaware that you don't see your own failings? Are you so insecure or terrible that you will list out all of your personal flaws?
Best Answer: Briefly mention a single small, well-intentioned goof and follow up with an important lesson learned from the experience.

Question: How does this position compare with others you're applying for?

Subtext: Who else is interested, and what will it take to bring you on board?
Best Answer: "I respect the privacy of any organization where I interview. Have I found my destination here?"

Question: If you won the lottery, would you still work?

Subtext: Are you really a motivated and hard worker?
Best Answer: "While I'd be thrilled to win the lottery, I would still look for meaningful work because meeting challenges and achieving makes me happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment